Surgeon, Author, Editor & Publisher, Motivator, Trainer, Blogger, IT ExpertRecognitions
- Prime Minister's Award for Excellence in Public Administration
- Served as Deputy Election Commissioner of India
- Served as International Election Observer in Australia, Venezuela, Egypt and Maldives
- Chhattisgarh - Precursor of ASHA Programme of Government of India, Developed the Celebrated PDS and Paddy e-Procurement System of Chhattisgarh
- Editor and Publisher of Chikitsak, First Medical Journal of Chhattisgarh
- Editor and Publisher of Children's e-Magazine - Kilol, Publishes e-Books for Free Download
DR ALOK SHUKLA is a surgeon and serving IAS officer. He was educated at Pt. J.N.M. Medical College,
Raipur. Following a distinguished academic career, he joined the IAS, serving as Collector at Shivpuri
and Sagar, in Madhya Pradesh, and Secretary in the departments of Health, Education, Revenue,
Disaster Management and Food. His contributions to elementary education and public health have been
highly acclaimed. In recognition of his work in computerising paddy procurement and PDS in
Chhattisgarh, he received the Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Administration (2010), the highest
award given to bureaucrats in India.
Between the years 2009-2014, Alok served as Deputy Election Commissioner, seeing at first hand two
national and several state elections. With his deep understanding of electoral systems, he served as an
International Observer at elections in Egypt, Venezuela and Australia, and led a mission to develop
electoral systems in the Maldives.
Alok’s first book, Ambush, Tales Of The Ballot (Platinum Press 2018), was published to widespread
appreciation. It brought to public attention the real life stories behind the holding of elections, and the
unsung heroes who conduct and secure them.
Alok can be reached at: email@example.com
No interviews found.
No videos found.